Your Local Wauconda Attorney
Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury

Head Injuries Can Have Lifelong Consequences

I Maximize Recoveries By Standing Up To Insurance Companies

In more than 23 years of experience in personal injury law, I have seen countless clients whose lives have been forever changed by a severe injury. They need and deserve support as they struggle to recover. I take pride in helping them get results in insurance benefits recovery — a crucial part of returning to a life of stability and security.

Before you make statements to medical professionals or insurance adjusters regarding your well-being, contact my office and arrange a free consultation with me, attorney Clay J. Mitchell. I can preserve every opportunity for maximum compensation following your accident.

Even If You Think You’re Fine, You May Have A Traumatic Brain Injury

Car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents and other accidents that cause sudden, jarring motions can easily lead to head or brain injuries. Not all injuries, however, are easily visible after the accident.

You or a loved one may walk away from a closed or open head injury with seemingly full function, only later to realize symptoms like:

  • Chronic fatigue
  • Confusion
  • Memory issues
  • Nausea and dizziness
  • Chronic, severe headaches
  • Numbness or weakness in a certain part of the body

These kinds of symptoms can arise from a sudden blow to the head from an external source (like hitting your head on the concrete when you slip and fall). They can also result from tears to the nerves inside the brain, as the brain is shaken from side to side inside the skull. Such serious trauma can result in brain bruising, bleeding and swelling.

Do not underestimate your symptoms. They could be indicative of a serious problem — one that the negligent party in your accident should be held accountable for.

It is crucial that you seek medical treatment after an accident whether or not you exhibit early symptoms of an injury. My law firm in Wauconda, Illinois, can help. Contact me online or by telephone at 847-584-3979 and work with directly with a lawyer who can help you get what you need.