A Personal Approach From An Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
What makes a good lawyer? It is someone who knows who his or her clients are, knows their problems, and how to bring satisfactory results for their unique situations.
Through my legal practice at Clay J. Mitchell, Attorney at Law, in Wauconda, Illinois, I represent clients throughout Lake County and McHenry County in criminal defense matters.
Experience In Criminal Defense
For more than 23 years, I have handled virtually every type of criminal defense matter short of murder, from Class X felonies down to DUI charges and simple traffic citations. I take special interest in handling search and seizure cases, which many times involve drug possession charges. I am very familiar with all of the local courts in Lake County, McHenry County as well as the Cook County Circuit Court in Rolling Meadows.
I defend clients accused of crimes involving:
- Traffic offenses, including speeding, reckless driving and driving with a suspended license
- Driver’s license restoration before a Secretary of State hearing officer
- DUI charges, including multiple DUIs, aggravated DUI involving an injury accident or DUI defense for holders of a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Drug arrests, including possession, intent to distribute, drug manufacturing, possession of illegal prescription drugs and more
- Assault and domestic violence
- Felony criminal defense, including theft and weapons crimes
- Juvenile defense that is aimed at keeping the criminal record of juvenile clean
- Violations of probation
I also assist clients in obtaining expungements of prior arrests and certain convictions from their criminal records.