Your Local Wauconda Attorney
Handling Criminal Defense And Personal Injury

Back, Neck And Spinal Cord Injuries

Some of the most devastating injuries involve the spinal cord. Even comparatively minor cases, like those that involve whiplash, can lead to a lifetime of pain and ongoing medical treatments. In the most severe cases, people experience collapsed spinal cords, nerve damage and sometimes a permanent loss of mobility in paralysis.

You Deserve The Best

These issues demand financial recovery from the at-fault party who caused your accident. Whether you were injured in a car accident, a slip-and-fall accident, or something else, contact me, attorney Clay J. Mitchell.

From my office in Wauconda, I help people assertively pursue maximum compensation from at-fault parties and the insurance companies that can be held liable for compensation. I will work with you to make sure you get what you need in your personal injury claim.

Delayed Symptoms Can Still Mean Long-Term Pain

Some accident victims do not experience pain immediately after their accidents — particularly when they result in back injuries, neck injuries or spinal cord injuries. Sudden jarring motions that cause injuries also cause the body to go into a slight state of shock. Muscles contract to help keep the body aligned and protected as much as possible. It is often not until days or weeks later that symptoms arise.

Unfortunately, by that time, many injury victims have already made statements about their well-being to medical professionals and insurance adjusters. If you have been in an accident, whether it involved minor or severe pain, make sure you are straightforward but cautious about your condition when speaking to medical professionals. It may take time for you to realize that your chronic headaches are caused by a herniated disk, or numbness in your arm is because of spinal cord nerve damage.

As a former claims manager and an Illinois lawyer with more than 23 years of experience in personal injury, I am acutely familiar with medical records and how they must be presented to insurance companies for maximum compensation.

Before you make statements about your health and well-being, contact my office and discuss your case with me. I can be reached online or by telephone at 847-584-3979.