Defense Against Felony Charges, Including Manslaughter
Being convicted of a felony offense can lead to years of imprisonment and the loss of basic rights that nonfelons take for granted. It is not an overstatement to say a felony conviction can change everything about your life.
Through my criminal defense practice at the Clay J. Mitchell, Attorney at Law, in Wauconda, Illinois, I defend clients from across Northern Illinois who have been accused of felony crimes. For more than 23 years, I have helped accused clients to limit the effects of arrests and convictions, whether they are misdemeanor or felony in nature.
Retain my services, and I will work to have your charges dismissed or reduced to a nonfelony status. If your case goes to trial, I will work to prove your innocence. If it is not possible for me to secure an acquittal, I will do everything in my power to limit the penalties of a conviction, including fines and prison time.
Experienced Defending Clients Against A Wide Range Of Felony Charges
Crimes for which I can provide representation in state, federal or appellate courts include:
- Drug crimes, including the possession, use, cultivation, manufacture, distribution, sale and trafficking of illegal drugs as well as crimes allegedly committed while under the influence of drugs
- Theft crimes, including grand theft, burglary and robbery
- Violent crimes, including child abuse, domestic assault, assault with a deadly weapon and manslaughter
- DUI crimes, including felony DUI and DUI manslaughter
- Weapon crimes, including illegal possession of a firearm or violent crimes aggravated by the brandishing of a knife or firing a firearm such as armed robbery
A Career Spent Protecting Clients’ Rights
I have spent my entire career as an attorney representing clients in Lake County, McHenry County and surrounding areas. Over the years, my clients have included many people accused of felony crimes. I care about what happens to my clients and I have a proven track record of keeping people’s records clean.
For more information, contact me, attorney Clay J. Mitchell online or call 847-584-3979. I offer a free initial consultation to every potential client, and I make jail visits upon request. As your Wauconda felony criminal defense lawyer, I stand ready to defend your freedom and protect your rights.